Thanks for your interest in joining Forge Baking Company! Here’s a list of our current openings. If interested in applying shoot us your resume to [email protected]
Forge Baking Company in Somerville is hiring full time staff to join our Bakery Team! We make really great breads and pastries and need a couple great people to join our team.
Right now we need someone who wants to work early mornings (3:00AM to 11:00AM), can lift 50 lbs, takes pride in their work, enjoys baking, and has a positive attitude. The job will entail measuring of ingredients, mixing dough, shaping bread, baking, feeding starters, and other bread baking duties. There are growth opportunities to be cross-trained in pastry later on, and that includes scooping cookies and muffins, glazing scones, croissant shaping and lamination, and other tasks that go along with making delicious pastries. These positions also include cleaning and maintaining an organized, properly sanitized workplace. Some baking experience is preferred, and we will provide training. The more flexible you are with your schedule, the more stuff we can train you on!
Forge is our high volume production baking hub which produces for our three cafe locations: Forge, Diesel and Bloc as well as several wholesale accounts. We use quality ingredients, organic and local when possible, and offer a great working environment. We are a growing company and well established in Somerville. If you want to learn more, please send along your resume via e-mail and tell us why you are interested!
- interested in an early morning schedule (3:00AM-11:00AM)
- positive attitude
- willingness to learn
- can lift 50 lbs
- takes pride in their work
- works clean and organized
- interest and passion for baking
- knowledge of pastry and/or bread
- follows proper food handling and sanitation guidelines
- ServSafe certified and allergen awareness preferred, however this certification is included in our training schedule!
- we use high quality ingredients and when we can, organic and local
- utilize natural leavening agents and all of our products are made by hand
- offering full time or part time
- great work environment
Back of House – Savory Kitchen
We are looking for someone who loves food to join our kitchen team! Our kitchen at Forge prepares all of the ingredients for our sandwiches and salads at Diesel, Bloc, and Forge. The job entails lots of chopping vegetables, roasting vegetables and meats, slicing meats, making soups, and cooking lots of other tasty items. The shifts vary from 7:00am to 3:00pm, 8:00am to 4:00pm, 9:00am to 5:00pm, and 10:00am to 6:00pm, and we are in operation 7 days a week.
Forge is our high volume production hub which produces for our three cafe locations: Forge, Diesel and Bloc. We use quality ingredients, organic and local when possible, and offer a great working environment. We are a growing company and well established in Somerville.
If you want to learn more, please send along your resume via e-mail and tell us why you are interested!
– flexible schedule (varying daytime hours)
– available to work weekends
– have a passion for high quality products
– a desire to work in a fast paced customer focused environment
– positive attitude
– ability to multi-task, high sense of urgency
– passionate about customer service
– some prep experience preferred
– willingness to learn
– can lift 50 lbs
– takes pride in their work
– likes to be busy and work on a team
– legally allowed to work in the United States
– loves food!
– we use high quality ingredients and when we can, organic and local
– offering full time
– great work environment
- Benefits include:
Health insurance benefits and Simple IRA retirement plan with match available to eligible employees
Day off discounts
Front of House
We are looking for some folks to join our Front Of House team at Forge Baking Co! We need someone who is flexible with their schedule (early morning, day, evening, weekends), can lift 50 lbs, has a willingness to learn, takes pride in their work, is excited to work with food and coffee, and has a positive attitude. We have Full Time and Part Time available.
Forge Baking Co. is committed to serving exceptional coffee and food with a focus on customer service. We emphasize quality ingredients, organic and local when possible and offer a great working environment.
If you want to learn more, please send along your resume via e-mail ([email protected]) and tell us why you are interested!
- Flexible schedule required
- Ability to work both Saturdays and Sundays
- One year commitment a must
- Have a passion for high quality products
- Desire to work in a fast paced customer focused environment
- Positive Attitude
- Ability to Multi-Task, high sense of urgency
- Passionate about customer service
- Willingness to learn
- Can lift 50 lbs.
- Takes pride in their work
- Likes to be busy and work on a team
- Loves food and coffee!
- Busy, well-established cafe in Somerville
- We use high quality ingredients, and when we can, organic and local
- Offering full and part time positions
- Great work environment!
- Looking to develop the right people and provide growth opportunities
- Health insurance benefits and simple IRA retirement plan with match available to eligible employees
- Paid breaks
- Shift meals
- Day off discounts
- Growth opportunities
Full Time Positions: 35-40 hours 5 shifts
Part Time Positions: 24-30 hours 3-4 shifts a week